Tuesday 15 May 2012

Gnarly and Me: 15/05/2012

I know, I know. I'm a day late for my first Gnarly and Me post. I will tell you what kept me a day late after I introduce my garden friend. The moment I set eyes on Gnarly I knew we'd be best friends. My friend, Coke, and I were walking through Walmart when I stopped mid sentence and was amazed at this enchanted creature. He didn't say much, but he spoke to me.
Gnarly looking fine from the beginning. Look at how stupid that Pooh Bear looks behind him. Lay off the honey, Pooh! (Winnie the Pooh is a beloved character from my childhood. I would never mean those words I said in anything but a comical sense. Pooh, you know we tight.)


Coke and I loved Gnarly from the start. We unfortunately didn't have enough money on us to purchase the gnome so Coke proceeded to hide him behind some bags of dirt in one of the racks. I went home that evening and told my parents about him. Big Poppa and Melaney were not impressed. But I begged and begged for them to buy him for me. Melaney finally agreed and said that he would be my valentine's day present. I was ecstatic! Never have I had a valentine and my first one is a giant gnome! I must be the luckiest girl in the world!! I took her bank card back to Walmart and rescued Gnarles from his hiding spot. Carrying him around Walmart included many looks from other shoppers. Mostly out of envy. They would have all loved to take this bearded bundle of joy home but it was I who succeeded in doing so. 


The car ride home included many looks from other drivers. They were probably wondering how I got such a good looking man in my passenger seat. ;)
Gnarly was welcomed into my family right off the get-go. Melaney was already dishing him up his own plates. 

So that's pretty much the story of how Gnarly and I began. It was friendship at first sight. 

So the reason why I am a day late with this post is because on Sunday it was Mother's Day. Melaney was away this weekend visiting her grandma so I wasn't able to shower her in gifts. Since her absence wrecked my initial plans, Gnarly and I came up with a new idea. He would wait at the top of the stairs for my mother and my grandmother's arrival and present them with their gifts. 

I have to say he looks adorable! My mom and grandma loved the surprise. 

With my mom just returning home from a long drive I decided that I wouldn't blog and just spend time with her instead. Actually, I've been using her MacBook Pro to blog and felt rude to use it when she has been away from it all weekend. I could use my own Dell but once you go Mac you never go back. So me and Gnarly went outside to enjoy the beautiful weather and get our tan on;

May the force be with you!

4 comments:

  1. I adore Gnarly, HE doesn't call me Melaney.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you realize how lame it is that the first comment on my blog is from my mom complaining about her blog nickname?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently I'm the only one smart enough to get a google account in order to harass you lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter is very talented Melanie.

    ReplyDelete