Monday 14 May 2012

My Time-Traveling Twin

So I was working at the theatre today and was sitting in the office just minding my own business while slave labouring. I then turn to my right and see a man at the concession being served by my reliable coworkers. He was probably in his early 20's and was wearing a baseball cap and dark-framed glasses. Normally this would cause no double-take, I wouldn't even notice except that there was something about this young man that caught my eye. He looked just like my friend, Beardy but about 3 or 4 years older. I seriously stared at this person for at least 30 seconds with the words 'what up gangsta?!' on the tip of my tongue before I realized that his moustache was too thick to belong to my buddy. I then texted Beardy and told him that I saw him from the future. He was, of course, impressed. I then decided that I should've gotten a picture of the guy to compare with Beardy today as well as in the future. Like I don't think he realized how similar this guy looked to him. He had the same glasses and the same colour of hair and beard and even the same size of stretchers in his ears. I was amazed! I was in shock! The future was staring me in the face!! Actually he never looked at me but if he did I'm sure we would have one of those moments. You know the ones where you see someone and you're like hey! I know you! We're best friends! Yup, definitely one of those moments.

I guess there's just something about Beardy that makes him easy to look like. A couple weeks ago, my friend had a party and she made it so that there was a theme. Because it's not fun to just get drunk, you have to get drunk to a theme. So the theme was' dress-up'. Everyone was digging through old Halloween costumes and trying to think of good ideas but I already knew. The second I saw the theme I was like yup! Know what I'm being. I'm dressing up as Beardy. So creative I didn't even know what to do with myself. I feel like I should've won an award.

The thing about Beardy is that he's kind of a slut. (Haha he's gonna kill me for saying this) After making out with two girls on New Year's Eve and repeatedly wearing a cardigan with no shirt underneath I started to call him Slutty Buns. I knew that in my costume I would need to reflect this. Beardy had also gone to Banff recently and came back with a pair of grey sweatpants that said BANFF on the one leg. He wore these all the time so I knew this was also a key factor in the costume's realism. And then there was the little accessories that would tie it all together; the earrings, the glasses and of course, the beard.
This is the before shot I took to see how different I look as Beardy.


After tucking in my hair in a nice snap-back and painting on a beard, I realized I really don't look too different from myself and don't look half bad either.

When I got to the party I walked in feeling confident and then found that Beardy was nowhere to be seen. I asked everybody where he was and someone said they didn't think he was coming. I decided to call him and said where the hell are you? Beardy, starting to feel sick and having to work the next morning, said that he decided to stay home and get some sleep. To this I replied, 'do you realize what my costume is? I am standing here with a beard painted on my face dressed up as you.' For comparison purposes, he sent me a picture so that I could see how great of a job I'd done and I have to say it's pretty impressive.

Beardy on the left, myself on the right. Pretty award-worthy, I'd say. This photo got 14 likes on Facebook btw. 
I rocked this look for the rest of the night and received many compliments from my buddy, Hutch, who was amazed at how much resemblance there was between us.

I never really thought of the idea that Beardy and I could be related until my mom and I were looking for a baby photo for my yearbook and stumbled across this little pic:
 This is when I decided that Beardy and I are secretly brother and sister. Even though we were born four months and ten days apart, I'm sure that we were separated at birth. It's probably a usual case with wizards. Look it up. We are twins.

The moral of this post is that Beardy is my brother and a time-traveler. And I win costume parties. Just another reason why I'm too fly to get by.

May the force be with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment